Citadel Outlets near downtown Los Angeles
Factory Outlets are stores where manufacturers occasionally offer items at a discount in order to sell off remaining inventory from the previous season. Not everything is on sale, although you can usually find some deals. Most of the outlet stores are clustered in large outdoor shopping centers, but many are too far from Los Angeles to be reached via public transportation.
- An open-air mall that contains scores of factory outlet stores where you can find many of your favorite name brands at up to 70% off retail prices. From clothing and accessories to house wares and gift items, you'll discover everything you're looking for, including a food court and places to eat. Citadel Outlets is the only true factory outlet center within Los Angeles city limits. It is located near the I-5 freeway at Atlantic Blvd, about a 10-minute drive south of downtown Los Angeles.
- Nordstrom department store has an outlet called Nordstrom Rack, where you can find some pretty good deals on name-brand clothes, shoes and accessories. You might be pleasantly surprised to find nice discounts on Lucky Brand, Coach, Ugg, Burberry, Juicy Couture and more. There are four locations within the Los Angeles area, all of which are accessible by public transportation:
Near Los Angeles
- Over 200 stores. Ontario Mills features the best names in manufacturers' and retail outlets, unique specialty stores, popular themed restaurants, and numerous interactive entertainment venues. Ontario Mills is located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 15 [approximately 40 minutes east of Los Angeles].
Palm Springs (about 2-3 hours drive on Interstate 10)
- in Cabazon, near Palm Springs. Only a handful of stores, but it's near Desert Hills Premium Outlets so it's worth a visit.
- 130 outlet stores, one of the more popular outlet centers in Southern California. Popular nearby attractions are Indian casinos, Palm Springs and Indio.
Barstow (about 2-3 hours drive northeast on Interstate 15)
- More than 40 shops. Tanger Outlet Centers is on the way to Las Vegas and has a decent variety of brand-name clothes.
- 90 outlet stores, between Los Angeles and San Diego. This is one of the better factory outlets in the San Diego area. Carlsbad Premium Outlets is legendary for finding great deals on name brands, although you do need to find them among other items that are minimally discounted. A smart shopper can really score here. There is a food court, and a Ruby's Diner for nourishment. In addition, there are full-service restaurants within walking distance. It takes 2 to 3 hours to drive from downtown LA to this outlet on Interstate 5 (driving time depends on traffic conditions, which can be severe at times).
- Only around 60 stores, but if you're looking for clothes outlets then this is a place to look. There are limited food facilities. It takes 1.5 to 3 hours to drive from downtown LA to this outlet on Interstate 15 (driving time depends on traffic conditions, which can be severe at times).
- Located in southern San Diego, very near the border with Mexico at Tijuana. There are 125 outlet stores including Adidas, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein, Coach, Gap Outlet, Guess, J.Crew, Kenneth Cole, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Sony, Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger and more.
- East of San Diego on I-8, near the Viejas Casino. There are 50 outlet stores and eateries including Coach, Gap Outlet, Guess Factory Store, Lane Bryant Outlet, Levis/Dockers, Osh Kosh B' Gosh, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and more. In addition, there are plenty of activities to keep the kids busy.
- Located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. 90 outlet stores with many top names including 7 For All Mankind, Adidas, Aeropostale, Anne Klein, Forever 21, Joe's Jeans, Lucky Brand, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, and many more. If you like name brands then this one is sure to please. It gets very crowded on the weekends so go during the week if possible. Camarillo is about a 1.5-hour drive from downtown LA on Highway 101.
- Discounted merchandise at 40 outlet stores featuring Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Nike Factory Store, Calvin Klein, Aeropostale and others. There is a California Welcome Center on the premises. There aren't any food stores in the outlet, however there are some places to eat on nearby. The best thing about this factory outlet is the location. It's easy to get there from the 101 freeway and also near two Southern California attractions: Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo (and Hearst Castle a little further up the coast). Pismo Beach is on Highway 101, about a 3.5-hour drive from downtown LA.
Return to List: