Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles
Los Angeles Sports Teams
Los Angeles hosts a number of world-famous sports teams, including professional organizations like the Dodgers and the Lakers, as well as college teams such as the UCLA Bruins and the USC Trojans. See the list of Venues for links to sports centers such as Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Staples Center.
- Women's professional football team. The season runs during April to June, and home games are played near downtown L.A.
- Men's basketball team that plays at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
- Classic roller derby action near downtown L.A. The LA Derby Dolls is a league of skaters divided into five teams, who skate on a banked roller derby track.
- L.A.'s world-famous baseball team that plays at Dodger Stadium in Elysian Park, just north of downtown Los Angeles. On game days, Metro offers a free shuttle (non-ticket holders pay a small fee) from Union Station to Dodger Stadium.
- The Championship Tour gives fans an opportunity to view Dodger Stadium in a way only the players do. This behind-the-scenes tour lets fans visit restricted areas and view the ballpark from a whole new perspective. (Seasonal availability)
- Soccer foot ball team starring world-famous players David Beckham and Landon Donovan. The team plays at Home Depot Center in Carson, about 20 miles south of downtown L.A. (10 miles west of Long Beach).
- Ice hockey team that plays at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
- World-famous men's basketball team that plays at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
- Annual 26.2 mile run through the streets of Los Angeles.
- Women's Basketball team that plays at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
- UCLA Buins website - sports teams and sports programs offered by the Universtiy of California in Los Angeles (UCLA) in Westwood
- USC Trojans website - sports teams and sports programs offered by the University of Southern California (USC) next to Exposition Park near downtown Los Angeles.
- tickets for all major LA sports teams. In addition, many teams sell tickets directly from their website.
Sports Venues in or near Los Angeles
- Home of the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team. Located in Carson, about 20 miles south of downtown L.A. (10 miles west of Long Beach).
(formerly known as the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim) - Anaheim event center, home of the Mighty Ducks. Sporting events, concerts, entertainment. Calendar of Events, Box Office info. (Near Disneyland in Orange County)
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena. Home field for the USC Trojans football team, as well as occasional sporting events and foot races. The Sports Arena is adjacent to the Coliuseum and hosts occasional basketball and hockey games, plus boxing matches.
- Located near the Financial District in downtown Los Angeles, this is the home court of the Lakers, Kings, Clippers and Sparks. The site of many concert and special events. The website has a calendar of events, seating chart and more.
Teams Near Los Angeles
- Baseball team in Orange County. Originally known as the Los Angeles Angels, the team has gone through a couple of name changes (California Angels and Anaheim Angels), although their home field has been at Angel Stadium of Anaheim (formerly known as Anaheim Stadium) from 1965 to present. Angel Stadium of Anaheim is close to Disneyland.
- Ice hockey team in Orange County. Home games are held at Honda Center in Anaheim (near Disneyland).
- Minor league baseball team from Lancaster (in the Antelope Valley). It is about a one-hour drive from downtown Los Angeles, although if you are a fan of baseball then it's worth the trip. JetHawk games are exciting and you are going to have a great view (compared to Dodger Stadium) no matter where you sit.
Horse Racing Tracks:
- live horse racing during the L.A. County Fair in September. Nearby, the Finish Line Sports Grill satellite video feeds of horse races that occur throughout the United States, Australia, South America and Dubai (United Arab Emirates).
- Live racing (seasonal) and satellite video racing. Hollywood Park is not near Hollywood - it's in Inglewood, not far from LAX. If you are in Hollywood and want to visit a track, consider Santa Anita Park near Pasadena.
- east of downtown LA
- Santa Anita is one of the most popular race tracks in Los Angeles. Located in Arcadia (near Pasadena), 14 miles northeast of downtown L.A., the track offers seasonal live horse racing.
- 20 miles north of San Diego (100 miles south of LA). Seasonal live horse races.
Speedways near Los Angeles
- Formerly known as the California Speedway, the track is now sponsored by the AAA Auto Club. offers seasonal NASCAR auto racing and high-performance dragster racing. Located in Fontana (near San Bernardino, about 50 miles east of downtown L.A.)
- The annual Indy Car race event held on the public streets of Long Beach. The streets are closed each year for three days during April so that Indy Cars can race through business districts, along the shoreline, and within view of tourist attractions such as Aquarium of the Pacific, Shoreline Village and the Queen Mary. The event also features live entertainment and automobile exhibits.
- Offers a wide variety of auto and motor vehicle racing events, including stock car racing, sprint cars, midget cars, drag strip racing, motorcycles, monster trucks and various NASCAR events. Located in Irwindale, around 25 miles northeast of downtown L.A.
- Now closed. Los Angeles County Raceway was an NHRA Championship Drag Strip and motocross track, located in Palmdale (Antelope Valley). The track was closed in 2007 and is presently seeking a new location.